Wednesday 23rd - Friday 25th August 2017
The 3 day summer course is great way to have a more in-depth exploration of making silver jewellery, with a number of interesting techniques and approaches covered.
The 3 day course is open to anyone, whether they have had some experience before making jewellery or not. As the course is longer than the one day course you will have ample opportunity to cover the basic techniques as well as exploring more advanced techniques including basic stone setting, etching and creative metal forming.
The following topics are covered, with plenty of hands on to put into practice what we cover in the intro sessions:
- Introduction to materials and techniques
- Useful tools and resources
- Sawing, sanding and filing
- Texturing, mill rolling and decorative finishes
- Annealing and preparation for fabrication
- Basic and intermediate fabrication/soldering
- Final finishing and polishing
- Making your own findings (earring loops, clasps and jump rings)
- Basic ring forming and bezel setting for stones
- Bangle forming and intro to anticlastic and synclastic forming
- Acid etching onto silver
During the 3 day course you can expect to make 3 to 4 pieces which can include a set of earrings, a pendant, a bangle and a ring ….flexibility and choice are key components of the 3 Day course and you are free to suggest what you would like to make as well.
All materials costs are included and on each day a light lunch is included.
As all courses cater for a maximum of three participants, you can be sure that you will have a more personalised experience and truly have the mentoring and guidance needed.
10.00 a.m – 4.30 p.m – each day.
Please contact me for more information and bookings - email@example.com
Bespoke 3 day course dates can be discussed for group bookings of a minimum of two participants