What better way to make your special day even more special by hand-crafting your own wedding rings? I offer a truly bespoke day for couples wanting to make their dream rings - from concept through to creation, an experience that will leave memories to last a lifetime.
The one-day workshop, exclusively for each for couple, focuses on taking you through the step-by-step process from start to finish. No prior experience in silversmithing is necessary and you’ll be guided through each stage to finish off with the rings of your dreams.
How it works
- Consultation – prior to your workshop, we’ll consult on the type/design of rings you’d like to make (plenty of examples will be given for you to choose from). We’ll also discuss the metal you’d like to work with - you can choose from silver, 9k yellow/rose gold, 18K yellow or rose gold. Materials (except silver) are at an additional cost and an estimate will be provided for you after the consultation
- On the day – we’ll cover a number of techniques and approaches to making your gorgeous wedding rings:
- Cutting the length of metal for your ring and/or melting into ingots any heirloom jewellery you’d like to include (must be of the same alloy)
- Softening the metal (annealing) to shape into the basic ring shape
- If you wish, we can also texture the ring at this stage
- Solder the metal to make into the ring form
- Shape the ring to fit
- Finish the ring by polishing
What you get on the day
I provide a truly bespoke service and the day will be tailored to your needs:
- The workshop starts from 10 a.m. and finishes around 4.30 p.m.
- Access to all the tools needed in a professional jeweller’s studio
- A full home-made lunch
- Tea, coffee and homemade biscuits all day
What does it cost?
For an exclusive day with me (the workshop is for the couple only), I charge £250 plus the cost of materials (the cost of silver is included).
I can also arrange with you, at the consultation stage, whether you’d like your rings hallmarked (£30 per ring), engraved (£15-30 per ring) or set with a stone by me (£25 per stone plus cost of the stone – I can source stones for you at very good prices).